All NDignite Connection participants must be enrolled in grades 7-10. The majority of students rank in the top 5% of their class academically, are self-motivated, and exhibit exceptional leadership qualities.
Students apply to the program in the 6th and 7th grades. Admission is competitive and is determined by a review of students’ academic performance and extracurricular activities, written responses to essay questions, and a letter of recommendation from a teacher.
There is no cost to students or their families to apply or participate in the program.
- Students are expected to commit themselves fully to all program activities and assignments.
- Following each broadcast, 7th- and 8th-grade students will successfully complete and upload assignments in the Online Learning Center by the assigned deadline.
- Likewise, following broadcasts, 9th- and 10th-grade students will commit to weekly discussions posted in their discussion group in the Notre Dame Virtual Community.
- Students are responsible for checking all communications (email and otherwise) from the Office of Outreach and Engagement Recruitment and responding to communications as necessary.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates respect for themselves and for others at all times.
- Parents/Guardians are expected to encourage, motivate, and assist their student in meeting his/her expectations and deadlines.
- Parents/Guardians will be responsible for reminding their student to check email and communicate with the Office of Outreach and Engagement Recruitment staff if and when questions arise.
- Parents/Guardians will ensure that their student participates in all program activities.